Certified Healthcare Emergency Power Professional
This advanced Certification is being made available to Healthcare Facility Managers and Directors of Engineering.
The Certification has been developed by Dan Chisholm, Sr., CEO of MGI Consulting, Inc., and Chairman of the Technical Committee responsible for NFPA 110, Emergency and Standby Power Systems; NFPA 111, Stored Electrical Energy Emergency and Standby Power Systems; and a technical committee member of the Electrical Section of NFPA 99, Health Care Facilities Code
The Certification syllabus contains:
- All codes and standards applicable to all emergency power systems (30, 70, 99, 110, 111 and all applicable CMS standards/regulations)
- Engineering data needed for design and installation of all emergency power system components
- A step-by-step protocol for ensuring compliance with all authorities having jurisdiction
- How to set up a fluid analysis program and how to understand laboratory analysis
- How to interpret utility offerings in order to cut costs of emergency power usage and improve ROI of stranded assets
- Best vendor practices for maintenance and reliability of all emergency power components
- Working with utilities, fuel depots, water companies, lift stations, and communication companies before power outages occur
- Best practices for installing automated monitoring systems
Bonus 1 – Automatic updates on new equipment available to harden EPSS installations.
Bonus 2 – RFP development for all EPSS service contracts with vendors.